When you launch Sofa for the first time on a device there is an initial setup that needs to happen. If you have Sofa data in iCloud already, the app will sync that data and show a “loading” screen until it’s complete.
This is the initial sync with iCloud which can take a little bit depending on how large your Sofa library is, your internet connection, etc. Usually this only take a few minutes at most, but sometimes iCloud can get “stuck”.
If it’s really stuck for a while you may need to delete the app and then reinstall (I know that is dumb 😒). Follow these steps to get things working again:
- Delete the app from the device that is having issues.
- Confirm that you are signed into the same iCloud account on all devices where you want to use Sofa.
- On the device where Sofa is working properly, create a manual backup of your latest data. Reference the information under the "Automatic Backups" section in the support docs for how to do this.
- On the device where Sofa is working properly, restore from the backup file you just made.
- This will replace all existing data in the app with data from the backup file.
- On the same device, wait for the data to sync to iCloud.
- Depending on how large your Sofa library is this can take a little bit of time. 5-10 min should be plenty of time.
- Re-download Sofa on the device that was having issues and launch the app. You'll see the same setup screen, but it shouldn’t get stuck like it did before.